Guidelines for Spectators
To allow everyone to enjoy the Shell Houston Open safely, here are a few rules that will be enforced by Tournament Officials:
- Credentials must be displayed at all times
- Cell phones and other portable digital devices ARE NOW permitted but must be set in silent mode and used only in designated areas. Click here for details.
- Bags and/or backpacks will not be allowed; purses will be inspected
- Folding chairs are permitted, but the carry case is not permitted
- No cameras are permitted after Wednesday
- No radios, TVs, signs, banners or ladders permitted anytime
- Persons and bags or containers are subject to inspection any time
- No coolers, beverages or alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the property
- Stay behind the gallery ropes and obey the Officials and Marshals
- All spectators are required to wear shirts and shoes.
Postponement of play/rain delaysIt is the PGA TOUR's intent to alert spectators to dangerous weather. When inclement weather is detected within a potentially dangerous range, warnings will be broadcast on all the electronic leader boards that are located on the golf course. The intent behind these warnings is to notify spectators before play is suspended so time is given for spectators to move to a sheltered area.
Suspension of play occurs with one prolonged blast of an air horn, repeated once. All attendees should take cover immediately. Resumption of play occurs with two short blasts of an air horn, repeated once.
Cameras and photography
The PGA TOUR sets policies regarding the use of cameras at its Tournaments. Please note that cameras will be permitted only during the Practice Rounds and Pro-Am Rounds Monday-Wednesday. Cameras will not be permitted on the grounds during the Tournament Rounds, Thursday through Sunday.
To provide the PGA TOUR professionals with an environment free of interruptions, autographs are not allowed during Tournament play. After the conclusion of play, golfers may sign autographs at their option. Please respect the players' on-course concentration and do not ask them for autographs during their round.
Children's tournament and shuttle bus admission
Youngsters 13-and-under accompanied by a ticket-holding adult are admitted free of charge. Limit of three youngsters per ticket-holding adult. Youngsters must get proper day ticket at the main gate. That age policy also applies to the Shuttle Bus roundtrip from the ecopark lot (adjacent to Bush Intercontinental Airport) to Redstone Golf Club. Youngsters 13-and-under accompanied by a ticket-holding adult can ride free of charge. Limit of three youngsters per ticket-holding adult.